Thursday, May 6, 2010


I'm astonished by this ad by Lowe: Amsterdam. The comments below the advertisement on the site I pulled this from didn't understand the meaning - they were greatly confused. As one should be if unaware that fcuk was a clothing company instead of some "clever" way of using "fuck."
Regardless if you're aware or unaware that FCUK is a clothing company, and no matter How much money they are donating towards AIDS prevention, I believe the ad is completely inappropriate. Because really, the innuendo is "screw" for aids prevention. The contradiction of the century. How embarrassing for Humana and FCUK.
FCUK probably justified the ad under their label since their clothing line often sports labels with quotations like "fcuk me" or "fcuk the institution"...they get away with this for obvious reasons, but Who believed this was applicable to such a loaded topic like AIDS?
I'm disappointed with Lowe. Between the ads seen in class (Axe and the chasing beer belly) and this piece above, I'm really not impressed with the agency's level of respect/tact. Sometimes the name fits.

No comments: